Our teachers and staff members have been working tirelessly to ensure our campus is ready for the school year. Teachers have been engaging in professional development sessions and working in their classrooms. We want to remind you of a few things to ensure our school year is off to a great start for our students:
1. Gates will open at 7:50 and close at 8:00. Students are to report directly to their classroom.
2. Students arriving after 8:00 should report to the front office.
3. Students arriving after 8:05 will be marked tardy.
4. Students can bring a lunch to school or purchase a lunch from the vendor that will be stationed at the front of the school.
5. All students should dress appropriately for school in order to foster an environment that promotes learning.
6. We encourage parents to walk their child to their classroom on the first two days of school. Beginning Wednesday, only students are permitted beyond the gates. All adults much check in at the front office and receive a visitor’s pass before proceeding to a classroom.
7. At the Hillpointe Campus, the parking lot in the back of the school will be closed in the morning for parking but will reopen in the afternoon for after school pick up.
8. Dismissal is 2:45 p.m. Monday–Thursday and 11:30 a.m. on Friday. All students who have not been picked up by 2:55 p.m. Monday–Thursday or 11:40 a.m. on Friday will be escorted to the front office where our office staff will contact family members and emergency contacts listed in Infinite Campus.
9. Please review the arrival and dismissal maps posted on our website and in the Family Handbook.
This information above is reflected in the revised version of our Family Handbook and is located on our website.
Additionally, because the solar eclipse will occur on the first day of school, students in Grades 3-8 will be given glasses to view different phases of the eclipse provided they have a note from a parent allowing them to do so. In order to ensure the safety of our students in Grades K-2, students in these grade levels will not view the eclipse because it is the first day of school.
Lastly, we are having an additional Meet and Greet opportunity this Friday from 2:00-3:00. You’ll be able to discuss classroom procedures with your child’s teacher and they will address any questions you may have.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing everyone on Monday!
Discovery Charter Schools Administrative Team,
Deniece Nohara, Ed.D., Assistant Principal
Amanda Kettleson, Assistant Principal