ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR.
Discovery Charter School will use the lottery system (NRS 386.580) if more eligible pupils apply for enrollment than the number of spaces that are available.
Pursuant to NRS 386.580, the charter school enrollment policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, or disability of a pupil. Discovery Charter School sets forth the following non-discriminatory enrollment policy, as required by NRS 386.580. Applications will be accepted during the enrollment period.
The lottery will only apply to students that applied during the Open Enrollment period. The lottery will be governed by the following rules:
- Open enrollment will close at 4:00 p.m. on the last day identified in the period.
- The lottery will take place the day after the close of enrollment.
- Parents of the students that have been accepted will be notified by email or phone.
- Those students that applied during the open enrollment period but did not receive acceptance will be put into a lottery to determine their assigned wait-list number.
- All future grade openings will be selected from this numbered wait-list.
- Should openings occur after the initial wait-list has been exhausted, then students applying after the Open Enrollment period will be placed in a new lottery to fill those additional grade openings.
To submit the enrollment form through email with the fillable PDF, please download all files below, fill out all information required and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notice that entering your name in the fillable signature fields constitutes a legally binding and valid signature.
To submit the open enrollment form on paper, either download all files below or obtain a copy at either campus, fill out all information required and return to either campus.