Mesa Vista Parent Meeting September 6, 2012
- Shannon Beckham will take the lead on the Student Recognition committee.
- Kassandra Berger will lead the Halloween Costume Exchange. She is looking for volunteers to join. Donations of rolling wardrobe carts are also needed.
- Chicken Crew Project to be developed and lead by Angie Story.
- Mr. Price discussed our philosophy on educational innovation and recommended a video by Sir Kenneth Robinson. This can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U&feature=em-share_video_user
- Jennifer Kakita (a Hillpointe parent) has offered her photography services as a fundraiser for Discovery.
- Mindy Warren discussed the possibility of a school wide play/performance.
- Shannon Beckham inquired about the possibility of a stage building committee.
- Shannon Beckham discussed having the Whitney library come to our campus for story time and other activities.
- Shannon Beckham discussed forming a committee for student recognition and is seeking volunteers.
- Discussion regarding opportunity to go to community gardens on field trips. This will be presented at teacher meeting and updates will be made next week.
- Discussion for potential Halloween costume exchange. Kassandra Berger will research this more and provide an update at the next meeting.
- Discussion of Halloween/Fall Festival. Decision made to have an international food festival on November 15th during the lunch hour so all students can participate.
- Discussion of social networking site for Parent to Parent communication.
- Mr. Price explained concept of parent meetings to ensure topics remained global and that they provide an opportunity to identify goals and develop plans to achieve them.
- Discussion about the opportunity to participate in seminars throughout the year.
- Danielle Skerrit-Seskin discussed art projects she would like to do with the students. This will be presented at teacher meeting and updated on at next meeting.
On Monday, November 7, 2011 nominations for the 2011-2012 Mesa Vista PTA/PTO board members will be held. The meeting will be taking place in the computer lab at 8:30am. A nomination committee has been selected and thus far nominations are:
President: David Pinzon
Vice President: Anthony Fotia
Secretary: Danielle Fiedler
Treasurer: Liz Kirkby
Any other nominations will be accepted at this meeting. All persons nominated or to be nominated shall be present.