Mesa Vista Parent Voice Meeting Minutes
October 8, 2015
1. Trunk or Treat Updates-Need more sign ups! Only have 6 trunks, 2 pasta entries, 2 volunteers and 2 haunted house helpers.
2. Ashley N. an 8th grader will be joining us at all parent meetings representing the student body. She was asked if she could round up student volunteers to help with the haunted house.
3. Sports-All schedules are up on the website, soccer will begin on Monday, October 12th.
1. Mr. Price has recently attended several training resulting in the determination that the state is partially funding our full day kinder program and we will no longer charge our parents that currently have full day students. There is also a Read by 3 initiative that states students that cannot read by the 3rd grade will not be promoted on.
2. We received several bags of snacks for students from a non- profit that provides students with take home bags for the weekend. This will help us supplement students that forget their lunches and snacks.
3. Teachers will hold 8 week conferences on October 16th . If you have not received information regarding this, please contact your teacher as soon as possible.
4. Parent question regarding back door being locked and its’ effectiveness. Mr. Price confirms that it has kept students safe during lunch and will continue to evaluate it.
5. Parent concern with mathematics program and if we could create something in the likes of Sight Word Soldiers to help students with math.
6. Question about group projects and if there is any guidance for the students on how to work in a group.