http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png 0 0 Angie Story http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png Angie Story2012-09-27 16:08:112012-09-27 16:14:35Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes September 26, 2012
Hillpointe Parent meeting Minutes September 27, 2012
- Advisors will conduct an informational project meeting October 5th from 2-3pm.
- Sports- We are continuing to work with Las Vegas Athletic Department to bring sports programs to Discovery.
- Student Recognition committee began recognizing birthdays this week and it was an absolute success with the students. Advisors will begin recognizing students in the coming weeks.
- Jr Lego League-Alex Smith has volunteered to coach the first Lego League team that will be made up of 6 students ages 6-9. This program is set to begin mid-October.
- Fence- We are still receiving bids and hope to have an update soon.
- Trunk and Treat is scheduled for October 25th. Volunteers are needed to ensure a successful event.
- Mr. Anderson’s Movie Making Seminar students are having a car wash fundraiser to raise funds for props. The car wash will take place on Saturday September 29th at the 7-11 on Buffalo and Washington from 8am to 3:30pm. Donations of soap, towels, water hoses and sponges are needed.
- Ms. Selig’s class is involved in a community service project. She is asking for donations of various items to send in care packages to the troops. A full listing of these can be found at http://missseligsclass.weebly.com/
- Discussion regarding music seminars and music during Fridays.
- Discussion regarding an article featured in Parents magazine about whether or not homework is necessary.
- Discussion about parent/teacher meetings. Teachers are available for meetings on Fridays in addition to the 9 week and 27 week parent/teacher meetings.
- Students will begin the student council/leadership selection process this week.
- Parent shared Little Cesars pizza party opportunity.