http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png 0 0 Angie Story http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png Angie Story2012-09-20 11:47:422012-09-20 11:47:42Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes September 19, 2012
Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes 09/19/12
- Yoga volunteers will be meeting today 9/19/12 after school to finalize yoga classes.
- Gardening with Ms.Laman’s class is moving forward.
- Positive feedback regarding website updates and communication from teachers.
- American Association of Dermatologists has a grant opportunity in the amount of $8000 for shade structures. Angie Story will research this opportunity further and provide an update for next meeting.
- Discussion about advisors involved in parent meeting. Parents would like advisors to host a separate meeting for projects. This meeting could focus on project learning, expectations from advisors and the results parents can expect from a project based learning environment.
- Discovery Sports teams- We are seeking parent volunteers to coach. Please contact Angie Story at email@example.com if interested. Fall season begins September 29th and runs until December 1st.
- Student Recognition Committee- Discussion on creating a committee to recognize student achievements. Christy Bakir and Tiffany Stansberry have volunteered to head this. Additional volunteers are needed. Recognition will begin on Monday September 24th.
- Jr Lego Team- Student s will be able to participate in a Jr. Lego Team challenge. Alex Smith has volunteered to coach the team of students ages 6-9. For more information regarding this program please visit www.juniorfirstlegoleague.org
- Discussion regarding speech therapist. The therapist has been to the Hillpointe campus and is currently working with and evaluating students. If you feel your student needs evaluation, please speak with your child’s advisor.
- Christy Bakir would like parents to know she is working diligently to plan Friday field trips. For those families interested please visit the parent organized facebook page. Mr. Price discussed the potential of those excursions turning into exciting project ideas and that students should share their experiences in the classroom.
- Discussion regarding student planners and what the appropriate grade level is for students to begin using them.