Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes
September 10, 2014
Mrs. Compton and Coach Johnny addressed the families about the fine arts program offered and the PE/Sports Program.
1. Discussed sports opportunities for students. The flag football team is open to students in grades 5-6. Cross country will be available for students in grades 3-8. Cost is $80 per student.
1. The chairs of the Trunk or Treat event will be having a meeting on Monday, September 15 at 3pm in the main building. If you are interested in working on a committee, please plan on attending.
2. Informational Parent Meeting on Projects will take place on September 16th at 6pm. This is a great opportunity to gain resources, and ask questions.
3. Open house to take place on September 23rd from 4-6pm. Drop in anytime during the event to meet the advisors.
4. Book fair will be in October. Several events will occur during the event and several volunteers are needed.
5. Girl scouts will start in two weeks. The current troop serves students in grades 2-5. Parents interested in a K-1 Daisy troop and would like to lead it, please contact Mrs. Story.
6. The First Lego League will be starting soon, more information to go home soon.
7. Parent question about campus security. It was explained that the exterior gates are all locked and students are only able to travel on the sidewalks behind the gates to other buildings. Visitors are to enter through the main building and sign in.