Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes
October 8, 2014
Mr. Hoon and Mr. Harms spoke to the parents about their classroom curriculum and extra-curricular activities.
1. Recycling bins have been purchased for Mr. Harms recycling seminar. Thank you to all those that donated to his seminar.
2. The book fair has generated over 1400 in sales during the first two days! Be sure to stop by the potluck scheduled for Oct. 8th at 6pm or the Lunch Time with Loved Ones scheduled for October 9th.
3. We need more trunks and volunteers for the Trunk or Treat on Oct 30th . Trunks do not need to be elaborately decorated, just want the kids to have several opportunities to gather goodies. A parent will be putting together an allergy free option for each trunk to have available.
4. Thursday’s cross country meet will include the K-2nd grade students willing to participate. Additional volunteers are needed to help during the event to keep kids running in the right direction.
1. Discussed potential signage for Discovery. Have spoken with vendor to identify sign options. More information to come.
2. Currently we are in week 6 of the first 9 weeks of school. Mr. Price discussed how 9 week progress updates work. There will not be paper progress reports sent home as this is a time to sit with your child’s teacher and discuss what they have done so far and develop a plan for the future. Parents/Guardians will have the opportunity to sign up for conferences using sign up genius. More info on this will be posted soon.