http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png 0 0 Angie Story http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png Angie Story2012-10-31 11:00:582012-10-31 11:00:58Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes October 31, 2012
Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes October 31, 2012
- Skate night times cannot be changed for the month of November, the owner will look into a time change for future months.
- Scholastic book fair brought in $600 in books for the classroom. Thank you to all the volunteers and shoppers for supporting this event.
- Trunk or Treat turned out great! Thank you to all the families that participated.
- Advisors will host an additional informational meeting regarding binder use in grades 1 and 2 on Friday November 2nd from 2-3pm.
- Would like to broadcast morning announcements via television. This is being worked on and will be updated.
- Would like Kindergarten sign down and replaced with the Discovery letters, need help with this.
- Seeking out donations of bagels to have available for students that may not have had a breakfast.
- Looking into having pizza Monday with an online ordering option.
- Would like to have a Spanish class included in their curriculum.
- Student of the month awards.
- Progress reports will go out the week of November 5th. Parent/Teacher conferences will take place on November 9th. Please see your child’s advisor to schedule.
- Discussion about parent’s ability to meet with advisors outside of scheduled conference times and if they feel the progress report is a necessity.
- Discussion regarding procedures we have in place in case of a disaster or an emergency. Determined that students can identify a 72 hour emergency kit list of supplies that will be presented at next meeting.
- Winter Event discussed.
- Discussion about advisors implementing Friday tutoring and activities.