http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png 0 0 Angie Story http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png Angie Story2014-05-28 10:16:262014-05-28 10:16:26Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes May 28, 2014
Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes
May 28, 2014
- Feedback on egg drop activity was positive. Parents enjoyed the use of the lift and look forward to every year the activity improving with more participation.
- Leadership will look different in the new school year. There will be a designated staff member at each campus to oversee leadership meetings and work with the students to ensure follow through on ideas. Mr. Price will continue to work with students to encourage student voice.
- Discussion about Title IIA funding. This is designed to provide funding for staff development regarding common core. Mr. Price has designated a team to apply for this funding and create an opportunity for the funding to be used internally to educate staff and families about what common core looks like ate Discovery.
- Mr. Price has identified some new teachers for the 2014-15 school year.
- Field day will occur next Friday, June 6th. Students will participate in outdoor activities from 11am-2:45pm. Please send a towel and change of clothes with your student, as they will get wet.
- Thursday, June 5th is kinder and 8th grade promotions. Ceremony is to begin at 5pm, please speak to your student’s advisor for more details.
- Discussion about seminars/specials in the new school year. Parents would like to see more parent led seminars.
- Question about the possibility of talent show participants performing at Container Park.