http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png 0 0 Angie Story http://www.dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png Angie Story2016-10-06 09:51:262016-10-06 11:24:56Hillpointe Meeting Minutes October 5, 2016
Hillpointe Meeting Minutes October 5, 2016
- The book fair is in full swing! Many activities and events have been planned to celebrate the book fair at DCS. The many volunteers have done a wonderful job setting up and operating the event. Thank you to everyone for all of your help!
- Our fall sports season is under way. We have an amazing cross country team. Our 3/4 girls have medaled at each event and took places 1,2 and 3 at Monday’s meet. We will be hosting the October 17th Cross Country Meet and will need parent volunteers to help.
- Mrs. Kettleson still needs volunteers to get students through tech testing level 1. If you could donate a couple hours a week and have basic computer skills, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The website has undergone some major changes in an effort for it to be more stream lined. Please download the DCS app as well and keep up with all the Discovery happenings.
- Mr. Price informed parents that we have received the results for the SBAC and ACT Aspire tests that the 3rd-8th graders participated in last school year. Families will receive a copy of the SBAC results via mail/hand delivered. Parents that would like to know the results of their student’s ACT test may email Mr. Price to set up a meeting for review.
- Mr. Price reminded parents that classroom visits/volunteering must be scheduled. Class time conferences are not allowed, teachers have the opportunity to meet before or after school and on Fridays if you need a meeting or detailed updates about your student.
- The Fall Festival/Trunk or Treat will take place on October 27th 5-7:30pm. We need volunteers to set up trunks and hand out candy. Volunteers to operate games and over all help with the event. Flyers with a sign up genius link will go home today.
- Parent question about SeeSaw. Teachers are working on getting access information out to all parents. If you have not received any information, please reach out to your student’s advisor to get your QR code.
- We have almost finished our first 9 weeks of school. Conferences should take place November 4th.