We are a dynamic, small charter school always accepting resumes for licensed elementary (K-8) teachers for our East Las Vegas and Summerlin Campus locations. Competitive salary and benefits. Must have a current K-8 license and be enthusiastic, creative and flexible. If you are interested in applying please submit this DCS Employment Application and resume to email@example.com.
Mesa Vista and Hillpointe Campuses
Discovery Charter School is looking for talented, dynamic and innovative educators who understand the opportunities for change and innovation offered through the implementation of charter schools. Working in a charter school offers you the opportunity to embrace and drive educational change. We are currently accepting applications for new and experienced teachers for grades K-8. We wish to develop lifelong learners in the community through strong family partnerships, community experiences, applied technology, project-based learning, and applications of inquiry teaching strategies. We endorse a concept we call total learning.
- Ability to create an effective school-student-family partnership for each individual student
- Ability to effectively team with peers and support staff to create a focused and effective learning team
- Design and implement a school wide learning concept based on customer satisfaction, with students and families recognized as the learning customers. Be adventurous, creative and open minded as you design and implement learning experiences that support project based learning, Inquiry learning strategies, and community involvement through experience activities
- Ability to address individual needs of students by applying effective instructional techniques targeting individual learning styles and strengths
- Create a love of learning in each individual student by modeling personal growth and life long learning skills
- Evaluate students’ progress on a continuous basis, using data to self evaluate and to design effective learning experiences
- Provide a continuous flow of student progress data to assist parents in their role as teaching partners
- Provide an inviting, exciting, innovative, and challenging learning environment
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management
- Assist teaching teams in identifying experiences and training to support professional growth and effective instructional skills
- Possession of a valid Nevada State Teachers’ License
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse children
- Demonstrated ability to work well with families
- Ability to work effectively as a team member by building open and honest relationships with communication
- Willingness to be held accountable for student growth and development with life-long learning skills
- Ability to evaluate tests data, measurements of achievement, and understand their role in designing learning experiences
- Experience with using creative teaching techniques and willingness to become an active instructional architect in defining, implementing and increasing the effectiveness of school/family partnerships, plus the growth of Total Learning concepts
Discovery Charter School is an equal opportunity employer. The school does not discriminate because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other non-job related factors. Employment opportunities are provided based on qualifications and job requirements.